Fuhrmann & Schmidt Brewing Company was formed in 1906 and was located at Commerce and Washington Streets in Shamokin, Pennsylvania. Fuhrmann & Schmidt was the successor company to the Eagle Brewing Company (1854 – 1878), the M. Markel & Company (1878 – 1893) and Phillip H Fuhrmann (1893 – 1906).
The brewery produced F&S Beer and F&S Ale from 1906 until the brewery closed in 1920 for prohibition. The brewery reopened in 1933 and produced F&S Beer and F&S Ale until the brewery closed in 1975. From 1966 until 1975, Fuhrmann & Schmidt was owned by the H Ortlieb Brewing Company.
Prior to prohibition the tag line for F&S beer was "Cultivate the Habit, Drink F&S Beer."
Click on the picture to see an expanded version: